In 2010, a cross-state move forced me to reevaluate how we, as cigar smokers, find and enjoy cigars. I sought out an application that would allow me to find local cigar retailers and spots, and the results were astonishing. While there were a few websites that had online directories of retailers and spots, most were dependent on either the location paying to be listed or were free but missing significant amounts of locations. With the advances in technology over the past few years, I couldn't understand why there wasn't a better and easier way of allowing users to find and review these locations. It was at that moment, CigarDig started to take shape.
Since then, CigarDig has grown into a one-stop shop for cigar smokers of all levels and experience to, as our slogan says, find, choose, and enjoy cigars. We do this by leveraging today's technology to provide a vast set of tools that allow our members to interact with other members through community discussions, participating in sponsored events, and by submitting a review and photos on individual cigars, retailers, or spots. It's these interactions that separate CigarDig from the others; making this site dynamic, content-rich, and a valuable resource for all cigar smokers.
- June 1, 2010 - CigarDig goes into Limited Beta
- July 26, 2010 - CigarDig Website Launches
- January 1, 2011 - Web Application goes into Development
- March 1, 2011 - Web Application goes into Limited Beta
- April 1, 2011 - Web Application (v1.0.0) Launches
- June 1, 2011 - Web Application (v2.0.0) goes into Limited Beta
- July 26, 2011 - Web Application (v2.0.0) Launches